As a leading consulting firm, Accenture has consistently emerged as a prime choice for professionals seeking impactful careers. But why? Is Accenture a good company to work for (really)?
I interviewed people working at Accenture, did some research on my own, and learned that it earned global recognition and won many awards as the “Best Place to Work for” because of:
- Its excellent working environment
- Better benefit packages (better than most rival firms)
- Its amazing learning opportunities!
- Providing the workforce with good quality work and allowing them to use edge-cutting technologies
- Rewarding and recognizing employees for their excellent contributions
The company also makes consistent efforts for diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
To help you answer your question, in this article I’ll explain:
- 8 reasons why Accenture is a good company to work for
- All the facts I could find out from employees about their experiences working for Accenture
Table of Contents
1. Prestige & Global Recognition
With its global presence in over 120 countries, Accenture helps businesses, governments, and organizations to:
- Establish their digital core
- Increase revenue growth
- Optimize operations
- Improve citizen services
Not only that, but the firm’s clientele speaks volumes.
It has over 9000 clients, featuring over 89 Fortune Global 100 and an impressive three-quarters of Fortune Global 500 businesses.
This gives you a chance to work with many industries on a global scale.
Let’s face it – this will:
- Shapes your skill set
- Top-up your professional network
- And broaden your experience by learning from the challenges of others. (Source)
Not only that, Accenture consistently receives awards and accolades from esteemed sources. This really attests to its global popularity.
Some of these recognitions are:
- 1st on the list of Fortune’s ”World’s Most Admired Companies” for 21 consecutive years.
- 16th consecutive year on the list of Ethisphere World’s Most Ethical Companies.
- Recognized among Fortune Blue Ribbon Companies.
- 1st for the third time in the Refinitive Diversity & Inclusion Index.
- Listed among the top 10 on the list of Fortune and Great Place to Work list of “World’s Best Workplaces.”
- Included on the list of top-scoring companies in “Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index” and “Disability Equality Index.” (Source)
With such a track record of recognition, Accenture shines as a leader in the respective industry and attracts top talents who seek to create a fulfilling career.
That might be you as well!
2. Quality of Work
When you join Accenture, you can work on many quality projects depending on your role, experience, and knowledge.
Below, I will outline list of projects you can expect to work on at the firm as an average IT professional.
1. Core System Development Projects
While working on Core system development projects, you learn a lot because you’ll be experimenting with new things to fulfill the client’s requirements.
2. Enhancement of System Projects
Enhancements are projects that enable you to work on improving the existing system by adding new functionalities and features.
3. Support Projects for Existing System
In a Support project, you need to provide assistance for the existing client system. For instance, if you are managing sales data, you have to collect it on time without leaving any crucial facts in your report.
It is also possible your primary tasks might be to monitor jobs and rectify job failures. These projects are long-term and give you time to learn a bit more about your role.
4. Testing Projects
If you are working on Testing projects, you are assigned the task of testing the system and reporting the bugs to the developers for further improvement. (Source)
The good bit here is that working on such projects ensures you are not confined to a single niche and can continuously broaden your knowledge and problem-solving skills across diverse domains.
3. Work Environment
At Accenture, you’ll discover a collaborative and flexible working culture.
The company focuses on a “Result-only work environment” and lets you complete tasks at your own pace while still meeting the deadlines.
(This is a great step towards flexibility, right!). (Source)
The management team at the firm is also very clear in their instructions about your role and responsibilities for different projects.
The working environment at the company is not just about completing the tasks; it also places a strong emphasis on camaraderie and open communication within the workplace.
This creates a sense of belonging, which encourages you to work collectively on different projects. (Source)
Here’s what an employee at Accenture has to say about the work environment, “A typical workday at Accenture as an Apprentice was productive and very educational. Your peers and supervisors care and acknowledge your learning experience, opinions/feedback, and the work you produce. The work culture as an Apprentice still in High School about to attend college was beyond my expectations. They treated me as an equal and made me feel like I was a part of the work environment.” (Source)
4. Chance to Work With Edge-Cutting Technologies
If you are passionate about staying at the forefront of technological innovations, Accenture is the right company to start your career and technical skills.
Here, you’ll get the opportunity to engage with the most recent advancements, like:
- Cloud computing
- Artificial intelligence
- Quantum computing
- Digital engineering
This experience is even more fulfilling because since the firm provides consultancy services, you also get exposure to newer technologies that your client is working on.
But that’s not the most exciting part!
While working on these edge-cutting technologies, you do not just push papers; you innovate solutions to complex problems to make a real impact on society. (Source)
5. Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Diversity and inclusion are the core part of Accenture’s policies and values.
Due to this, it is committed to a workplace where everyone feels welcomed and valued, irrespective of their background. (Source)
The company walks the talk through different initiatives to introduce the perfect working culture. Some of these programs are:
- Women‘s Leadership program
- LBGTQ+ Employee Resource Group
- Anti-racism training and Building Bridges
The table below will show you the representation of women and different communities at Accenture to help you understand its inclusivity:
|Black And African-American||11.5%|
|Hispanic and Latinx||10.6%|
|Other ethnicities and races||4.7%|
There’s more to it! Accenture also has introduced some programs to ensure equality in the workplace. These include:
- Specialized training
- Networking support
- Equal benefits to same-sex couples if local law permits
- Mentoring (Source)
6. Benefits Package
Accenture stands out as the employer by choice due to the comprehensive benefits package it offers to its employees. (Source)
While working at the firm, you can enjoy various bonuses for your achievements and contributions to its business.
But it does not stop there.
Accenture also provides you with a set of programs for your physical and emotional health and financial stability, such as:
- Medical coverage with national plans like PPO, EPO, HDHP
- Dental PPO and DMO & routine vision care plans
- Wellness programs for fitness, nutrition, and building resiliency
- Fertility, adoption, and surrogacy support
- 16 weeks paid maternity leave for birth parents and 8 weeks of paid off time for other parents
- Back-up dependent care
- 8 paid standard holidays and 2 cultural days off
- 401k match retirement and savings plan
- Life insurance and disability coverage (Source)
7. Better Learning Opportunities
Accenture’s commitment to employee development shines through its dedication to providing better learning opportunities. (Source)
For this, the firm invests over $1 billion annually towards continuous initiatives by delivering more than 40 million training hours.
Some of its award-winning learning programs are:
- Deep-tech training
- Specialized certifications
- Online games
- Virtual reality, and others (Source)
Accenture not only offers training but also prioritizes mentorship! The corporation pairs you with mentors who help you enhance your skills and put your career on the right trajectory.
You may find this exciting! The firm has also introduced “Accenture Academy,” which uses digital technology to reshape your career journey.
Here’s another biggie – Accenture will also sponsor your Master’s or Ph.D. courses to ensure you are equipped for the present and future challenges.
This employee’s review at Glassdoor about Accenture just proved my point, “There are some good people there, and obviously they do have top-tier clients. There are more learning/development opportunities than at other similar companies, and the offices are nice.” (Source)
8. Employee Rewards and Recognitions
At Accenture, your contribution and efforts never go unnoticed, and it proudly acknowledges your exceptional performance through several notable rewards to keep you motivated at work.
Two such awards are “Apex” and “Ace,” which are exclusively awarded for the annual progress within the firm.
Apart from that, Accenture acknowledges your achievements and career milestones with its leadership equity grant.
But this doesn’t stop here! Your manager receives Recognition points from their leads to distribute among the team, including you. These points hold monetary value, and you can redeem them on Amazon.
For example, if a team leader recognizes your effort, you pocket 25 points. This increases to 50 when an Associate Manager acknowledges your work and 75 when the project manager commends your performance. (Source)
So basically, you are in for a rewardful and acknowledged career while working for Accenture.
I’m about to wrap this up, but if you’re looking for further information about what working for Accenture is like, then I found the following Youtube video really useful: